Promoting your text giving is the key to engaging your donors and helping them connect to generosity. As you talk and promote text giving here are some things to remember.
- Once they are set up, text giving is the fastest way to give.
- The donation is NOT added to their phone bill.
- They DO have to create an account and save a payment method. (first time donors will be guided through that)
- No card or donor information is sent through text other that the last 4 digits of card.
- A multi cause donation is NOT possible in a single text transaction.
- Contributors can save your text number as a contact in their mobile device to make giving easier.
Here are some helpful resources for promoting text giving.
What should be said from the stage or on live stream?
“You can text your giving right from your phone, even if you never given before. just text the word ‘give’ and the amount to xxx-xxx-xxxx.”
Throw in any of the points above from time to time to be helpful.
Then display your number on the screen or lower third for about 30 seconds longer than you think you should.
Need a slide to display? We’ll make one for your for FREE!
Print or Web
Anywhere you display information abut giving display, “Text- give (amount) Example: give 100 to xxx-xxx-xxxx to give quickly and easily by text.
On your website, “The Ways to Give” section on the giving page is best.
4 Easy Ways to Give:
(Embed you giving form below)
(your text number)
(your mailing address)
Show How It’s Done
Use your phone to make a live demonstration and project it on the scree by using an Apple TV or software like Reflector.
You could also make a screen recording on your device of you making a donation and posting that to social media or on your web site.
Text Your Current Contributors
You can use Generush to send a text announcement to everyone in your giving system and let them know how to give by text.
You can send instructions or a link to a how-to video. This will show you how to create a text campaign in Generush.