Points to remember:
- Consistency is your friend. Mention online giving every week. You don’t have to talk about it at length, but at the very least thank and recognize those who give online.
- Every 4-6 weeks emphasize the online giving option. Go into a little more detail.
- Don’t use guilt or shame to motivate people to give.
- Stories fill people with hope. Share a story of how someone’s giving changed their circumstances, or share how giving allowed ministries in your church change someone else’s circumstances. (benevolence, outreach, student ministry etc.)
Consistent Verbiage (use weekly):
“As you prepare to give your tithes and offerings to the Lord this morning, I want to thank those of you who give online throughout the week. If you want more info on how you can give online… visit our website/check out this card in the seatback in front of you (show card)… The ushers are coming forward to serve those of us who came prepared to give today. As they do…(go into offering talk)
Online Emphasized Verbiage (every 4-6 weeks):
“As the ushers come forward to receive our tithes and offerings I want to remind you that First Assembly provides an opportunity, for those who would like, to give online. You can give with your debit/credit card or checking account (ACH coming in Aug 2017) by your mobile device or on a computer by visiting our site. (explain how to reach your giving page) It’s a great way to connect with what God is doing through the ministries here at First Assembly. You can give once or create a recurring donation that happens automatically for the amount and frequency you decide. You can also give by text message, simply text the word ‘give’ to ###-###-#### (your text number) and follow the prompts. (Text giving available in August 2017) However you give, thank you for doing so…
4 Giving facts every church should know:
- In 2011, professing Christians in America gave 2.3% of their income to the church.
- 74% of Americans say they write no more than one check per month.
- 59% of “mature donors” (aka donors over the age of 66) gave a gift online in 2014.
- By 2018, mobile devices will account for 57% of all Internet traffic.